Ten Steps for Resolving Couple Conflict
So, let me explainâ€¦ truly, donâ€™t read too much into this. Basically, I had this laying around my house, wanted to keep it but wanted to throw the piece of paper away, and donâ€™t have a scanner. Thus, Iâ€™m posting it here to save it digitally, in a senseâ€¦ in the cloud, I suppose.
At the same time, it is a bit interesting, and perhaps thought-provoking. Feel free to read and comment, as I guess I am posting this for a *little* more than just the purpose of it serving as my online backup, hahaâ€¦ anyway, itâ€™s from the â€œPREPARE/ENRICH Programâ€ Natalie and I did as a part of pre-marital counseling through East 91st Street Christian Church.
Ten Steps for Resolving Couple Conflict:
- Set a time and place for discussion.
- Define the problem or issue of disagreement.
- How do you each contribute to the problem?
- List past attempts to resolve the issue that were not successful.
- Brainstorm. List all possible solutions.
- Discuss and evaluate these possible solutions.
- Agree on one solution to try.
- Agree on how each individual will work toward this solution.
- Set up another meeting. Discuss your progress.
- Reward each other as you each contribute toward the solution.
Only registered users can comment.
I know this is super late, but this was a good idea to put this online…now I can throw away my copy of that paper, too!